Mango and Avocado Salsa

June 16, 2010 by andrea | Filed under Appetizer, Dip, Quick Cooking, Recipes, Salad, Sauce, Snack, Vegetable, Vegetarian.

This salsa rocks! It’s easy to make and can be served with tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled chicken, pork or seafood. YUMM! Husband was skeptical of the mango/avocade combo at first but after his first bite, he was blown away by all the flavor. He then kept commenting on how good it was. I served the chunky salsa liberally spooned over slices of grilled pork tenderloin that had been marinated in a combo of olive oil, orange juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika, cumin and salt/pepper. Delicious!

The only thing I did differently from the recipe was substitute 1/2 a seeded jalapeno for the habanero chile. Next time, I start with less salt then add if needed. The amount of seasoning will depend on the size of avocado and mango being used.

If serving the Mango and Avocado Salsa for company, you’ll probably want to double or triple the recipe because it will disappear quickly! After you make it, let me know how you served it. Enjoy!!!

Note: Always use caution when seeding spicy chiles like habaneros and jalapenos. The seeds and veins inside the chiles can cause skin irritation. There’s lots of info on the web about seeing chiles if you’re not sure.

Mango and Avocado Salsa
-recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday Food

1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
1 small red onion, diced small
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 to 1 habanero chile (stem and seeds removed), minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Makes 3 cups.

Blog parties I’m linked to:
Idea Sharin’ Wednesday
Recipe Share Party
Show Off Your Stuff
Try New Adventures Thursday
Foodie Friday
Finer Things Friday
New Friend Friday
Favorite Things Friday
Friday Favorites
Blog Hop Friday
Friday-Follow

This recipe was featured at:
[widget id=”text-498487971″]text-498487971[/widget]
[widget id=”text-498487972″]text-498487972[/widget]
[widget id=”text-498487974″]text-498487974[/widget]
[widget id=”text-498487973″]text-498487973[/widget]

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Mango and Avocado Salsa”

1. Gloria says:

Yum! I think we may have to have that with dinner. How would it taste with grilled chicken?

2. Oh wow, this sounds soooo yummy. I am in love with avacados AND mangos.
    My husband used to grow habaneros and would try to put them in our food secretly..which might explain my aversion to them. So I would go with the jalapeno. 😉

3. andrea says:

The mango & avocado salsa is great with grilled chicken!!! YUMM!

4. I think this would taste good with anything – chicken, shrimp or beef! What a treat for the eyes too.

5. Chef Dennis says:

now that is a perfect salsa…..what a great combination of flavours! I would love to try that with some blackened chicken, the mango and avocado would help offset the spices!

6. Julia says:

My husband loves mango salsa, but I’ve never made it with avocado. I’ll have to give it a go! Thanks for sharing. I found you via Alica’s new blog hop.

7. Amy Walker says:

Looks so good!!! Found you on the Friday Hop. Subscribed via email!
    Amy @ http://www.thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com

8. Diane says:

That sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

9. YUM! Going on our menu ASAP!

10. Magdalena says:

Mango and avocado work quite well, actually, especially as an accompaniment to summer dishes. It is very nice, your salsa. Have a good day 🙂

11. Tiffanee says:

YUM!! I love the mango/avocado combination. Can’t wait to try it out!! Thanks!

12. Sherry says:

Sounds delish! 😀

Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

13. Shellbelle says:

Oh yes, this is one of my favorite combinations and always a hit with guests. I love taking a recipe like this and using it in a grilled chicken or salmon wrap. Now you’re making me hungry!

14. Sarah says:

Yummy!! I really need to make this recipe. My mom was just telling me about a similar one she made, and said I’d love it. 🙂 Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
    Sarah

15. That looks so good! Thanks for sharing this on Favorite Things Friday!

16. YUM!

I have featured this post on my blog today!

I can’t wait to try this, and hope by sharing the link, others will be inspired to make it too!

Camille
    mother★lode

17. Jerri says:

What a great delicious looking recipe!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

18. Sarah says:

I’m featuring your recipe at the Recipe Share Party Thursday! Yay! Thanks for sharing this yummy sounding recipe. Can’t wait to try it out. Go ahead & grab a featured button if you’d like.

Blessings,